By Ewan W. Anderson,Liam D. Anderson
This revised and up-to-date model of An Atlas of center jap Affairs provides obtainable, concisely written entries at the most vital present concerns within the heart East, combining maps with their geopolitical heritage. delivering a transparent context for research of key matters, it comprises heritage subject matters, the location of the center East on this planet and profiles of the constituent countries.
- Clearly and thematically organised sections masking the continued value of the center East, the history, basic matters, the states and the the most important matters on the topic of the area.
- Original maps built-in into the textual content, putting foreign matters and conflicts of their geographical contexts.
- Case reviews and certain research of every state, whole with appropriate facts and key facts.
- Coverage of primary concerns, such as:
- water shortage
- the petroleum industry
- conflicts and boundary issues
- A complete extra examining part, permitting scholars to hide the subject in additional depth.
Updated to incorporate contemporary advancements reminiscent of the "Arab Spring," this booklet is a worthy creation to undergraduate scholars of political technology and heart East stories and is designed as a main educating relief for classes with regards to the center East within the components of politics, historical past, geography, economics and army reviews. This booklet can also be a good reference resource for libraries and someone drawn to those fields.
Read Online or Download An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs PDF
Similar middle eastern history books
Presidents George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush either led the USA via watershed occasions in international kinfolk: the top of the chilly struggle and the terrorist assaults of September eleven, 2001. Many high-level cupboard individuals and advisers performed very important international coverage roles in either administrations, so much significantly Dick Cheney, Colin Powell, and Condoleeza Rice.
With their homelands at battle, can Diasporas paved the way to peace, or do they current a disadvantage to clash solution, nurturing hate distant from those that truly fall sufferer to violence? And which of those roles do the Jewish and Palestinian diaspora groups play within the Israeli-Palestinian clash?
In 1993 Bahrain was once a constitutional monarchy within the type of an amirate with an executive-cabinet kind of govt and a separate judiciary. The amir is head of country and likewise ideally suited commander of the Bahrain military (BDF); he workouts final authority in all concerns touching on the govt.
The county of Tripoli in what's now North Lebanon is arguably the main overlooked of the so-called ‘crusader states’ demonstrated within the heart East at the start of the 12th century. the current paintings is the 1st monograph at the county to be released in English, and the 1st in any western language considering the fact that 1945.
- Tournaments of Value: Sociability and Hierarchy in a Yemeni Town (Anthropological Horizons)
- Crusades – Medieval Worlds in Conflict
- Open Secrets: Israeli Foreign and Nuclear Policies: Expansionism and Israeli Foreign Policy (Film/Fiction; 2)
- The Cyprus Emergency: The Divided Island 1955 - 1974
Additional resources for An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs
An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs by Ewan W. Anderson,Liam D. Anderson